top of page
Pastor Karl Flagg serving as victm advocate on scene


Our three victim advocates are grant positions funded through the Attorney General’s Office. The victim advocate is designated to respond and assist victims of crime. The functions of this position include:

  • Filing of Victim’s Compensation Applications

  • Referring victims to resources that are specific to their needs

  • Providing personal advocacy in the county judicial system

  • Assisting with the filing of injunctions for protection (restraining orders)

  • On-scene crisis intervention counseling

  • Developing and discussing a safety plan with victims

  • Assisting victims with safe shelter


“Domestic violence” means any assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member. Each day three women are killed in the United States by boyfriends or husbands. Men, children, elders, and pets also become victims of domestic violence.

  • If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, call 911.


  • Here are some signs of an abusive relationship that may result in domestic violence:

    • You are afraid of your partner’s temper

    • You are overly concerned about what kind of mood your partner is in

    • Your partner prevents you from seeing your friends or family, or alienates them so that they are uncomfortable being around him

    • Your partner threatens to hurt or kill you, your children, your family, friends or pets

    • Your partner yells at you, reprimands you, or demeans you in public

    • Your partner hits, slaps, pushes or shoves you, pulls your hair, or inflicts physical injury on you in any way

    • Your partner prevents you from getting or keeping a job

    • Your partner keeps you from leaving the house or locks you out of the house.


  • If you need help, here’s what you can do:

    • Call 911 and request Law Enforcement.

    • Contact PCSO’s Victim Services Unit: Kim Goad (386)329-0481 and Kim Daley (386)326-2833. Services are available after hours by calling the Hotline (386)325-3141

    • Contact the Lee Conlee House 24-hour Hotline at (386)325-3141 or 1-800-500-1119 to speak with someone who can talk to you about your options.

    • Safely leave your home or have someone stay with you.

    • Get medical attention from your doctor or hospital emergency room. Ask the staff to photograph your injuries and keep detailed records in case you decide to take legal action.

bottom of page